The Bar Champ is a manual bar PRECISION CHAMFERING MACHINE used to chamfer bars for many different applications. The rugged heavy duty proven design uses 2″ thick steel plates to ensure chatter-free operation. From light de-bur chamfers to heavy cuts on hard materials, the Bar Champ just works!
- No hydraulics!
- No change parts!
- Holds concentricity when diameter vary!
- Extremely fast changeovers!
- Chamfer, Turn, Face, Center Drill tooling available
- No change parts
- Self-centering chuck holds concentricty on diameter variations
- Chamfer head rotates so bar remains stationary
- Heavy duty, proven design
- Round, hex, square bar stock
- Up to 4.25″ diameter bars
- Uses standard 3-sided carbide inserts
- Very low maintenance
- Special tooling available
- Designed & manufactured in USA
- Standard chamfer head
- 3-Jaw chuck
- 2HP, 3 phase motor
- Single speed positive drive gear box (no belts) – variable speed optional
- Ball bearing ways
- Stainless Steel
In order to be able to run the largest bar stock diameter with a barfeeder that uses a collet style pusher, the bar must be turned down. The Bar Champ with the Turn and Chamfer tool is the answer.
Chamfering the front of the bar with a 30 degree chamfer will also help ensure that the bar loads properly.
Weld Prep – Put a consistent chamfer on parts to be welded to allow the weld to penetrate and lay flat on the part.
Debur – Instead of using a hand grinder to debur your bar, put a concentric consistent chamfer on them. A safer and better way to remove the burrs and sharp edges.
Machining – Machine a chamfer, turn and chamfer or face faster than loading the bar into a standard lathe. No need for expensive supports since the bar does not rotate.
Examples of bars chamfered/turned/faced/center drilled with our products
Turn and Chamfer
Face and Chamfer
45 degree chamfer
Hex Bars – 3″
30 degree chamfer
Inconel & Titanium
Mild Steel – Square Bars
30 degree chamfer